Monday, 7 August 2017

STAMPIN' UP, BABY BEAR WITH BUNDLE OF LOVE DSP. NEW BABY CARD, PARTIAL DIE CUTTING TECHNIQUE

Good Morning Everyone

I am back in the room... I have been absent for a couple of days due to many and various  commitments not least is the new Doggie Lily.

She is settling in a treat and spends most of her time mooching around behind me and gathering up every soft toy she can, especially the soft toys belonging to my other dog. She is a little minx and she has stolen our hearts already. She was a total hit with the ladies at Class on Wednesday, she loved all the cuddles and extra fuss she got.

Anyhow down to business, a friend of mine asked me to make a new baby card for her so my thoughts immediately flew to Baby Bear and here is the card :



I simply adore the Bear image, it is a triple step stamp but I decided just to use two steps using Crumbcake and Early Espresso, this reminds me of the old fashioned Teddy Bears, I know, I know, I say this every time I use Baby Bear but it is true and I think it is perfect for a new baby card... don't you? I decided to team it with the Bundle of Love Speciality Designer Series Paper and mat that onto a layer of  Early Espresso.

A cream tassel, some of the new mini gold sequin trim and a tiny bow with the 1/8" mini ribbon finish it off beautifully.

Did you notice how I used the layering oval to crop out Baby Bear but his paws lie outside the edge of the oval?  This is called th  partial die cutting technique, it is difficult to explain so here is a picture



I have placed the Oval framelit over the image BUT I have only placed the top plate over the top part of the image, I then run it through the Big Shot like this and only the top part of the Oval cuts out, as you can see in the picture below.


I then put the framelit back over the image and put the top plate over the bottom section of the Oval framelit only and run it through the Big Shot again.

See the picture below


Then I remove the Framelit and this is how it looks


So next, I simply fussy cut round the paws so the image is now totally cut out but with a partial die cut.

 Clever technique isn't it?



So here is the finished card again and as you can tell it is for a little girl. The great thing about the Bundle of Love DSP is that it has the same design paper in blue as well, (not to mention some gorgeous gold foiled options) so you can make this card for either a boy or girl simply by changing the colours.

Purchase the Stampset and DSP through me now and receive the full tutorial to make this card. To make a purchase press on the image below and it will take you through to my online shop.

Thanks for stopping by today. In my next post, (on Wednesday) I will be telling you all about my Handmade Christmas Card Classes, which I am starting on Wednesday, I will be offering a Class to Go option if you are interested but I will tell you more on Wednesday.

In the meantime 
Happy Stamping!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment