Saturday, 8 July 2017

STAMPIN' UP - WOOD WORDS, COLOUR THERAPY DSP, A NOTE FOR YOU

Good Morning Everyone

I can hear you asking where has she gone...? Well let me tell you life has just gotten so hectic recently I have hardly had time to think... but here I am.

Today I have for you my entry to the Global Design Project #094 - Sketch Challenge

Here is the Banner



And here is my entry



I saw the sketch and immediately the new Colour Therapy DSP sprang to mind.
So I cut it out and mounted it on a piece of the new Berry Burst cardstock, I layered it in turn onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock. It looked good but I thought it looked visually a little flat, so I decided to use the new Marble Background stamp and emboss it in white. However, I hadn't cleaned the stamp properly the last time I had used it, so when I heat embossed it, it looked a very pale shade of Berry Burst, which I think looks quite nice. You know what they say.... "there are no real mistakes in crafting, just opportunities to embellish".... and this turned out to be one of those times.

So I quite while I was ahead, I mounted this panel onto a Berry Burst cardbase. I stamped the sentiment onto the DSP panel, this sentiment comes from the Wood Words Stampset, this set has great sentiments, including Hello Friend, thank you and a note for you, I really like the font as well. I also stamped the heart from the Wood Words set as well and then cut it out with the matching framelits, the Stampset and the framelits come as a bundle, so there is 10% off Yaay!

All that was left to do was tie a little bow in Whisper White bakers twine to put on the heart, (which I placed onto the panel with dimensionals), and add some rhinestones.

Job done, this is my interpretation of the Sketch Challenge. Quite a simple make but I think it fits the bill and sometimes a simple card is just what we need to be able to pull out of the bag.

Go ahead and have some fun joining in the Challenge too!

I hope you have good things lined up this weekend, I have a stall at a Craft Fair today, where I am looking forward to meeting some likeminded people.

Must dash, thank you so much for stopping by to look at my creation.

Happy Stamping!




Product List

2 comments: