Monday, 10 July 2017

STAMPIN' UP POCKETFUL OF SUNSHINE WITH VERTICAL GREETINGS AND DAISY DELIGHT DSP, tttc #005

Good Morning Peeps

Well another sweltering weekend here in good old blighty....phew!!! I do hope you all managed to keep cool and find some crafting time.

I had a great time at the Summer Charity Fete where I met some new crafting friends & caught up with some I haven't seen for a while, which was great.

Anyway onto my card for today, it is my entry for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge #005. This week's challenge comes from Rosanne Mulherne and as always it is a fabulous one. 


I decided to choose the middle down line. Summer, Die-Cut, Pattern Paper.

Here is my entry



I used the Pocketful of Sunshine Bundle... just in case you aren't sure what I mean by bundle let me explain... Stampin' Up bundle together some Stampsets with matching Framelits and offer a 10% discount on the price. You can buy the Stampset or the Framelits individually but the true value lies in the discounted bundle....and you know what this means......yep exactly.... you can buy even more crafty goodies...Yaay!!!

So I stamped the Jeans Pocket onto the a piece of paper from the Daisy Delight DSP,( I chose this pattern because it reminds me summertime jeans, and I LOVE the colour combo of Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight with Whisper White, it shrieks sunny, summer, carefree days to me and for some reason reminds me of being a teenager... however, I digress...lol.  Next I cut the pocket out with the matching framelits.  I decided to use the sentiment from the Vertical Greetings Stampset because I wanted it to sit along the side of the pocket like one of those little tags you get sewn into the side of pockets on a pair of jeans. So I stamped the greeting on Whisper White but I edged it in Night of Navy, so it would stand out from the WW background I mounted the Pocket on.

Now there are some fabulous motifs in the stampset, a pair of sunglasses and a rolled up dollar bill, which you can stamp and put into the pocket, (great idea if you are gifting someone money and want to dress it up) but I decided I wanted to go for something a bit different. So I made myself  a little tag in Night of Navy using the Tab Top Punch and then using the Layering Circle Framelits I cut out a plain edged circle in Daffodil Delight and a crimped edged circle from the same DSP as the pocket. I love that the Layering Circle Framelits have both plain and crimped edge dies in the same pack... it give endless possibilities for matting and layering and saves having to invest in 2 packs of circle dies, one with plain and another with crimped edges. Thank You SU.... another fabulous idea for us crafters! I finished the mini tag off by threading some Whisper White through it.

I used three enamel shapes in Daffodil Delight and balanced the design with a piece of 1/4" double stitched ribbon in Daffodil Delight which I knotted. That ribbon is so cool it has dashes on one side and crosses on the other, so you can change it up to suite your design. Genius that is!

So here is how I made the body of the card

I cut a piece of A4 European cardstock in Night of Navy in  half and then scored at 4 1/8", I then scored 1" from one outside edge and folded this back on itself.

I cut a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock 2 1/8" x 5 7/8", I cut this at 1" so I then had 2 strips of DD cardstock, the first was 1" wide and the second was 1 1/8" wide.

I cut a panel of Whisper White cardstock at 2 3/4" x 4".

I inserted the 1" wide strip of DD under the flap of of the main cardbase where I had folded it back on itself. The other strip of DD I fixed to the inside back edge of the cadbase. I stamped the dashes from the stampset in Night of Navy down the middle of this strip.

I really enjoyed making this bright and cheery card. Why don't you see what you can come up with? Should you want to get any or even all of the products I have used there is a full product list below. Press on an image and it will take you through to my online shop where you can purchase to your little hearts desire. Oh and don't forget for every £45.00 you spend (before p&p)in July, you will earn a £4.50 money off coupon which can be redeemed in August.

Before I go I just want to say all the time I was making this card I could hear in my head the track from Beyonce and Jay Z called "Forever Young" - somehow, for me, that track epitomises this card.

Anyhow, that is quite enough rambling from me for one day.
Thank you for dropping by my blog and as ever 
Happy Stamping!


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Theresa, thank you for joining our challenge from the U.K.! We are happy to have you. And thank you for your wonderful card! You've done so much on this card with the pocket and the tag and the way the front folds over the back of the card. Gorgeous job! Thank you for joining us for this week's Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete