Thursday, 27 July 2017

STAMPIN UP, FATHER CHRISTMAS, CANDLE

Good Morning Everyone

Well, I have something a little different to show you today..... NOT a card, a candle. Yes that's right, any of our Stampin' Up stampsets can be used to decorate a plain candle. A really cool thought isn't it? Think of the endless possibilities.

I went off to Training a couple of months ago and one of my fellow Demonstrators did a quick training on how she does this. 

The candle I bought in Tescos (for those of you in the UK) and I bought a pack of White Tissue Paper, the sort you use when wrapping presents, not the sort for blowing your nose...heehee.

So I invited a couple of my Stamping Buddies over today and we gave it a try. Now, I had a DUH moment and forgot to take photos of their candles but here is mine.


I used the Father Christmas stampset, stamped it onto tissue then used the watercolour pencils in Real Red, Old Olive and Basic Black and picked out certain areas to colour. I then used a Heat Gun to fix the tissue to the candle.

Voila... All done.

 The picture doesn't really do it justice, although what I would say is that the next one I do I will colour in more. It looks a little bare I think.

But I am quite pleased with the outcome for a first attempt.

What do you think... will you give it a go?
What stampset would you use?

Just a quick reminder that Bonus Days are still running


Until the end of July, for every £45 you spend you get a voucher for £4.50 which is redeemable in August.

I hope I have inspired you to have a go at something different.
Thanks for stopping by by today and Happy Stamping!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment