Friday, 21 July 2017

STAMPIN UP, COLOURFUL SEASONS THINLITS, GDP#096

Good Morning Everyone

It's Friday....yaaay! Today I am sharing with you my entry for the Global Design Project.

This week the challenge is to CASE the Designer, and the Designer is the amazingly talented Tanja Kolar, who is on the GDP Design Team.

This is Tanja's Card


For those of you who aren't familiar with the term CASE, it means Copy And Selectively Edit.
So in other words, you duplicate the card as closely or as vaguely as you choose. It can be the colour, the layout or even just one tiny element such as the thread under the butterfly that you use. The Designers piece of work is effectively a springboard for your own inspiration. 

 I decided to take the layout and colour to use for my card.

Here it is



I decided to use one of the new Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, Layering leaves to make an embossed panel in Whisper White. Those Textured Impressions Embossing folders are so good, you get such a deep emboss with them, it really gives visual dimension to your card. 

 I used the foam adhesive strips to stick to the cardbase so it was raised up slightly. The cardbase is also in Whisper White.

Using the stitched shape framelits I cut 2 squares, in Smoky Slate cs and Whisper White cs. 
Using the Colourful Seasons Framelits I cut out a larger leaf in Soft Sky and a smaller leaf in Smoky Slate. 

I stamped the Thank You from the Thoughtful Banners stampset in Smoky Slate on a scrap of Whisper White.

I layered the White panel onto the Smoky Slate panel and put dimensionals onto the back of the Smoky Slate panel and fixed it  to the main embossed Whisper White Panel.

I used glue dots to stick the leaves together and to the panel and I think the Metallic Enamel Shape and the bow in Whisper White Bakers twine just set it off nicely. What do you think?

 White on white always makes a simple and elegant card. What I would say when you make this sort of simple card, be sure to get all the elements "just so". Make sure any creases are sharp and all your layering is straight and the edges of your cut cardstock is nice and crisp.

To achieve this look you need to have good equipment to start with.

 It is well worth investing in a good bone folder see here,(I have to say SU have the best bone folders I have ever used by far), a good paper trimmer see here, and some grid paper see here which is amazing for lining up layers, measuring and keeping your workspace clean.

Anyhow how, as they say in the cartoons, "That's all for now Folks"
Hope you have enjoyed seeing my entry for GDP today, why don't you see if you can CASE the Designer? It's great fun!

Supplies are listed below and should you wish to buy any of them, press on the image and it will take you through to my online shop.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment