Monday, 31 July 2017

STAMPIN' UP COFFEE CUPS FRAMELITS WITH COFFEE BREAK DSP, U FOLD CARD

 Good Morning Everyone

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and before we go any further I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family.... Lily. She is a 12 yr old Golden Retriever and such a pefect little lady. She just loves to carry a soft toy with her wherever she goes. 
It is a big thing for her to come to a new home at 12 years of age, so let's hope she settles in well. 
We have fallen in love with her already.... sigh!!




Anyhow on to the business in hand which is today's card. Last week I went to a workshop to catch up with some of my old buddies and in the workshop we made a card called a U Fold card... the fabulous Barbara Nicholson was our Tutor.

Anyhow the U Fold Card we made was a large one and because of this we had to make a custom card box.

Now, I know not everyone wants to make a card box and also it is getting very expensive to post these sorts of cards, so I have re-sized the card to fit into a standard C5 enevelope (Stampin' Up UK envelope).

Here is the card 




I thought the Coffee Break DSP, and the Coffee Cafe Bundle would work perfectly with this card. I have had this bundle for a while but only just got to use it. Wow! I love it I know lots of people who love a cup of coffee, what fun to be able to make them something with this adorable bundle.... any because it is a bundle there is 10% off... even better.

This fancy fold card is very easy to make and has the added advantage that it folds completely flat for the envelope but is free standing when opened.

Recipe

Cut a piece of Whisper White 9" x 4 1/4"
Cut a strip of Whisper White  1 1/2" x 6 1/4"

Putting the long side of the larger piece of Whisper White cardstock against the top of the scoreboard score at 1 3/8", 2 3/4" 6 1/4"  & 7 5/8"

Starting at the left hand side of the card fold along the score lines, mountain, valley, valley, mountain.

There you have the base of your card.

Panels

Cut 4 panels 3 1/8" x 3 7/8"  (Cut 2 panels in one colour DSP and the other two in a contrasting colour, this is optional but really can add to the overall design of the card).

Cut 1 panel at 3 1/4" x 3 7/8"
Cut 1 panel 1 1/8" x 6 1/4"

I decided to stamp the Coffee Cup and lid in Early Espresso ink and I cut the little corrugated piece to fit on the cup in Crumbcake cardstock, the die corrugates it as it cuts, how cute is that?

Quick notes 

The Coffee Cup and Lid are 2 separate pieces so I stuck them together on the back with a piece of Sellotape.

When you fix the strip across the front of the card fold it in on the left hand side only and glue then flatten out the right hand side of the card and fix the strip to the flattened side.

I stamped the sentiment from the stampset and cut it apart so I could fit it onto the card and just use the part of it I wanted. This is a great way to get more out of a stampset.

I cut the heart in Red Glimmer Paper using the smallest heart from the Sweet and Sassy Framelits. I think it just gives the card that extra pop.

Are you going to join me in making a U Fold Card?

They are addictive when you get going..... 

Supplies are listed below and if you haven't considered the Coffee Cafe Bundle yet... take a closer look, there are so many projects you can make with this. I have a few more in mind, including a gift card holder, for a coffee voucher. So you will definitely see it feature again here on my blog. If you are interested in any of the supplies press on the image and it will take you through to my online shop.

Thanks for dropping by today and as ever Happy Stamping!


Product List

1 comment: