Wednesday, 12 July 2017

STAMPIN UP, BIRTHDAY MEMORIES DSP WITH HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS STAMPSET


Good Morning Everyone

I hope you are all well. I am pleased to report that finally in the UK the temperature has dropped....yaay this means I will get some sleep now. The bad news is we have been having torrential rain....however, the garden needs a good drink, so maybe not all bad news.

Right lets get to it.... Birthday Memories DSP....


The minute I saw this at Onstage Amstedam, I knew I just had to have it! The paper is divine... to die for! The colours are bright primary colours, blues, reds, & yellows, Pacific Point, Real Red & Daffodil Delight to name a few. It makes your mouth water just to look at them.

The characters remind me of the old fashioned fairy tales, the kind I grew up with, if that doesn't reveal too much about my age! 

This is the sort of DSP you buy and NEVER want to cut. You just want to look at it and stroke it...... or is that just me?  No, I don't think so.

Anyway, cut it I have and here is the first card I have to show you that I made with it.



Because it is such a bold statement paper, with a big design, I decided to make a card that would showcase the paper, so I decided to make a large panel for the front of the card.

I cut my cardbase in Pacific Point, (I cut a piece of A4 European cs in half and scored at
 4 1/8") then I folded and scored the front in half, back on itself.... see the picture below



Next I cut a panel of Real Red cardstock 4" x 5 6/8"
A panel of DSP 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" which I matted onto the Real Red.

For the inside of the card I cut another Real Red panel 4" x 5 6/8"
and a Whisper White Panel 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment, (from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stampset) in Pacific Point ink onto a piece of Whisper White CS and cut it out with a Stitched Circle Framelit, I then cut a Circle of Real Red with a Scalloped Edge slightly larger than the Whisper White. I matted these together.

I stamped the sentiment onto the Whisper White CS to be matted onto the Real Red CS to go inside the card.

I tied a piece of Stitched Edged Pacific Point ribbon around the front panel and tied it off in a knot and the mounted the Sentiment onto the panel with dimensionals.

Finally, I mounted the whole panel onto the cardbase using dimensionals. Note I only put the dimensionals vertically down the left hand half of this panel.

There we go, a very striking card made with a very striking paper.
Why don't you give it a go? If you have any paper with a large, bold design on, use this method to get the most out of the design.

Supplies are listed at the bottom of the page, as usual. If you wish to purchase an item press on the image and it will take you through to my online shop.

Guilty secret on my part, now I have cut into this DSP, I may have to buy another pack,
just to keep in my crafty stash. Ssshh...don't tell Mr Tom!

Thank you stopping by today, as always
Happy Stamping!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment