Saturday, 1 July 2017

PETAL GARDEN DSP, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS, TTC#004, STAMPIN UP


Good Morning Everyone & Happy Saturday to you all.

I hope you have lots of crafting prepared for the weekend. I know I have.

Today I have for you my entry to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge, which I look forward to every week.

Here is the banner :



Here is my entry



Which line do you think I chose..... yep, that's right, the Middle Line Across. DSP, Embossing & Floral, you are getting good at guessing!

The DSP, I used is the Petal Garden DSP (this is totally lush, it is 6 x 6, 48 dble sided sheets, 4 of each design & if you love floral designs, trust me you will LOVE this) I cut the beautiful rose out from it and because there are 4 sheets of the each design in the pack, I used a second sheet to cut out the flower heads and one of the leaves and decoupaged them onto the flower to give it a little dimension. This is hard to see from the angle of the picture.

There are quite a few techniques on this card, so let me give you a brief run through. I cut a cardbase in Whisper White, portrait style. Then I measured down 1 1/2"  from the fold and cut.  Then taking the cut off piece I cut 1 1/2" off and set aside.

I then cut a panel of vellum 4 1/8" x 5 7/8" and using the brick wall embossing folder, I embossed it. I fixed it to the inside top edge of the card using double sided tape. I then took the 1 1/2" piece of cut off card and fixed it to the bottom of the vellum, again using double sided tape.

Next I cut 2 panels one in DSP, the other in Sweet Sugarplum cardstock @ 3 7/8" x 1 3/8".
I wrapped some White Bakers Twine around the DSP panel and matted it onto the top panel of the card. The Sweet SugarPlum I matted to the panel at the bottom. 

On a scrap of Whisper White CS, I stamped 9 roses from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stampset in Old Olive. It is a 2 step stamp so the first layer I stamped off first and the second layer I stamped at full strength. Using the owl punch, I cut the roses out. The owl punch is fabulous for punching out tiny circles, I love a product that multi task, it's a win win in my books.

Using mini glue dots I stuck these roses randomly to the SSugarplum panel.
On another scrap of WW cardstock I stamped the sentiment in Sweet Sugarplum. I cut around this by hand.

I then assembled the card and finished off with rhinestones and brushed Wink of Stella on the flowers, which is difficult to see in the picture but really brings the roses to life.


So there it is my entry for ttc004, why don't you go take a look at some of the fabulous makes from the Design Team HERE and maybe think about having a go yourself. This is such a fun challenge and really helps stir creativity.

I do hope you have enjoyed seeing my card and should you wish to buy any of the supplies they are listed below. Press on an image and it will take you through to my online shop.

If you would like any more information or help don't hesitate to email me. If you don't have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, I would love you to choose me and if you are thinking of becoming a Demonstrator yourself, I would love you to join my team. Get in touch, it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!


Product List

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Theresa! Thanks for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The detail on your rose is so pretty! Glad you could join us over at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete