Wednesday, 21 June 2017

STAMPIN' UP - RETIRED DSP, GIFT BAG PUNCH BOARD & DELIGHTFUL DAISY

Good Morning Everyone

Happy Wednesday to you all and I hope you are all enjoying this amazing weather, if you are in the UK. Unfortunately, on Sunday morning, I decided I was going to do some gardening and managed to get heat stroke which involved me having to go A&E. For those of you that have never had it, heatstroke is not a pleasant experience and apparently can take several days to get over. So today is a short post as I am still under the weather. This is something I made before the weekend, as I have been too sick to craft. 

This is a gift bag I made with the gift bag punch board, now I know the DSP is retired but I made it as a gift for a friend with some notecards inside, so I was using up the DSP I have left. You could use any DSP you have though.


I made the bag and then decided to make a belly band to hold it together, despite the fact I used bakers twine to hold the ends together you can just slide the whole band off, so you don't need to untie it.

I cut a strip of Daffodil Delight DSP 2" wide and approx. 12" long and using the Tab Top Punch to punch both ends.

Next using the Daisy Delight stampset, I stamped a daisy in Daffodil Delight onto Whisper White cardstock, and using the co-ordinating punch I cut it out. I also punched out 2 further daisies in plain Whisper White cardstock. I layered them on top of each other putting the stamped one in the middle and off set them slightly.

I used one of the new gold faceted gems in the middle of the daisy to finish it off. Then using a glue dot I fixed it onto the belly band.

There we have it. A delightful gift bag that took very little time to make with the punch board. When I gave this to my friend on Friday evening her face was a picture. It is such a great feeling to be able to make somebody happy with something that you have made, be it a card or a small gift like this.
 Go on, give it a try, who will you make a gift or a card for?

 Hopefully I will start to feel a little better soon and get back on track. In the meantime 
Happy Stamping!
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment