Monday, 19 June 2017

STAMPIN UP GUY GREETINGS, FATHERS DAY CARD, tttc#002



Morning Everyone


I hope you had a good weekend and are all set for the week ahead.

Today, I have an entry for a new challenge. It is called the Tic Tac Toe challenge, head on over HERE and take a look at what the Design Team came up with.


So how does it work? Well you take any three elements in a row of your choice and use them as a guide/inspiration for your card. You should give it a try, it is great fun.

I chose the Top Row Across as I wanted to use it to make my Father's Day Cards.
Here is what I came up with using the Guy Greetings Set, there really are some great traditional masculine images in this set and the Vintage Car is the one I decided to use. Great for many of the men in your life.


It is a very simple card, I cut 2 portrait style cards by cutting down the middle of an A4 piece of cardstock and 2 pieces of Whisper White  1/8" smaller to act as panels, I then distressed them. One using Pool Party ink and the other using Crumbcake, this is my wood element. Next I dry embossed them to make them look like planks of wood. This is my embossed element. I decided to cut a circle into each panel using the layering circle framelits and I used the 2nd largest circle. I placed the circle over the edge of the cardstock before running it through the Big Shot as I felt it created an additional design element.

I placed the panels with the cut outs over the cardbases and using my Stamp-Ma-Jig decided on the placement of the car and then stamped the image, this is my Masculine element.

For the greeting, I used a retired stampset and stamped it in versamark then used gold embossing powder to emboss it. I cut the words out separately and arranged them on the card. I didn't stick them down yet as I needed to put dimensionals onto each panel to pop it up. When I had done this I put dimensionals on the back of the Happy Father's Day and placed them on the card.

As a final touch on the inside of each card I stamped To A Classic, which is a sentiment from the Guy Greetings set, and marries perfectly with the image of the Car.

There it is my Father's Day Cards, completed and my entry for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge completed too. Why don't you give it a try. It really is great fun and is a great way of finding inspiration.

That's all for today Happy Stamping!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment