Friday, 23 June 2017

STAMPIN UP, BACKGROUND BITS WITH BOLD BUTTERFLY FRAMELITS, THANK YOU CARD

A very good morning to you all and happy Friday.

Another week has flown by, not sure where it has gone. I still feel quite delicate and haven't quite got over my heat stroke yet, but I am a ton better than I was. Lesson well and truly learned..... don't garden in 30 degrees.

Anyhow on to today's card

It is the Tic Tac Toe Challenge #tttc003 and here is the grid


Here is my entry....



Clean and simple all the way today. Can you guess which line I chose?...... that's right  it's the Top line, across.  Blue, butterfly, bow.

I used one of the new hostess sets Background Bits for this card. Personally I love it! 



 I stamped the background element in Night of Navy and the sentiment underneath in the same colour. I just love the font, it looks as though it has been hand written.

Then I cut 2 butterflies using the Bold Butterfly Framelits out of Vellum. Next using a Stampin' Write marker in Pacific Point I coloured one of the butterflies in on the back. I stuck both butterflies together with a glue dot, dropshadowing them slightly so you can see more of the blue. I popped them up on a dimensional (I used the new mini dimensionals as the diecut butterflies are so delicate, they are great for this). I tied a bow with bakers twine and stuck this onto the front of the butterfly and metallic enamel shape to finish it off.

The cardbase I cut in Night of Navy, portrait style (I cut down the middle of a piece of A4 European, and scored it in the middle at 5 7/8", making the cardbase 4 1/8" x 5 7/8".

I cut a panel of Whisper White CS, (which I stamped on) to 3 /78" x 5 6/8". 


This completes the card and my entry for the challenge. Sometimes, less is more and I am very pleased with how this card came out.

Why don't you give the challenge a go? It is great fun.
As usual I have listed the items I have used to make this card below, if you want any of them, just press on the image and it will take you through to my online shop, where you can shop from the comfort of your armchair and have your goodies delivered right to your door.

I will be back soon. Thank you for stopping by today and happy stamping!


Product List

3 comments:

  1. Theresa,
    Such a lovely card.... clean and simple is my style all day long. So happy you joined us this week over on the Tic Tac Toe challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you pulled this together - great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking simplicity! Love that you used the Background Bits, that's one of my new favorite sets! I know what you mean about the heat. Here in Southern California it was 106 F yesterday ~ whew! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at this week's Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete