Saturday, 17 June 2017

STAMPIN' UP BABY BEAR WITH WOOD CRATE & BIKE RIDE

Good Morning Everyone

Well I am back refreshed from my break in Sardinia, which proved to be a bit of a whirlwind tour plus the fact that the Italian Rally Car weekend was taking in place in Alghero which is where we were. So, there was lots of additional traffic, roads cut off everywhere and many more people. Each evening in the Old Town the cars would line up to be viewed and admired..... music was played and massive floodlights lit up the Marina, it truly was a spectacle. The locals were very proud to be hosting the Rally and truly supported it to make it an all round experience.

The weather was gorgeous... around 29 degrees each day. For an English Gal, trust me this is hot.

If you have never been to Sardinia and you get a chance....GO.... you won't regret it, I promise you. 

Anyway, back to today's card it is my entry for the Global Design Project #GDP091, go and take a peek HERE at some of the fabulous entries from the Design Team.

This week it is a Theme Challenge


The Theme, as you can see, is wheels, which means you can make any project you like as long as it has wheels. Here is my entry :


I got it into my head I wanted to use the Baby Bear Stampset, which is a gorgeous triple layering stamp set and is a great one to have in your stash. Great for New Baby Cards and Cards for Infants birthdays, Christenings and that's before we get onto the nostalgia of the actual image itself. It is such a traditional Bear and doubtless reminds many of us of our childhood Teddy, it certainly does me.

Now, if you are of a certain age, (which I am), you will remember there used to be baby walkers which took the form of a cart like the one above with a stuffed animal on them. In fact, I used to have one, mine was a dog, and I adored it! When I saw the challenge, for some reason I remembered it and decided that I would make a card based on this and so here it is..... I decided to use the traditional Teddy Bear colours and the new Wood Crate Framelits is perfect for the body of the cart. I stamped the wheels from the Bike Ride stampset and cut them out with a circle die. I went around the edge of each wheel with my Stampin' Rite marker in Early Espresso to make them stand out more.

I embossed the background Blushing Bride panel with the new Pinewood Planks embossing folder, which carries the wood theme through perfectly to the cart. Thank you SU for this folder, it is an absolute staple!

I cut the handle of the cart by hand, out of Early Espresso Cardstock and fixed it behind the body of the cart. I stamped the Bear directly onto a Whisper White panel, I cut a piece of Doily to decorate the cart, then using Tombow glued the cart onto the Whisper White panel over the bottom half of the Bear. I popped the wheels up on dimensionals.

I stamped the Bear again on a scrap of Whisper White and cut around the head, I popped the head up on dimensionals and fixed over the head on the original stamped Bear, to give the image a little depth. I stamped the Bow in Powder Pink and Blushing Bride on a scrap of Whisper White CS. I fussy cut it and fixed it to the Bear with a glue dot. I put a white Perfect Accent on the Bow and one on each wheel. I stamped the greeting in Blushing Bride.

It makes me feel quite nostalgic looking at this card... I hope you have enjoyed looking at it.
The supplies are listed below should you wish to purchase anything press on the image and it will take you through to my online shop.

But before I go here are a few photos of Sardinia.



This is Capo di Caccia, there are steps right the way down to the sea through these rocks that lead to a labrynth of underwater caves.



This is one of the rally cars after a race that they are checking over to ensure no foul play.

We had dinner overlooking the Marina one evening whilst the sun was setting. A truly magnificent view.

Whatever you get up to this weekend, have fun & Happy Stamping!






Product List

1 comment:

  1. Not old enough to remember those carts I'm afraid but a lovely card xxx

    ReplyDelete