Thursday, 11 May 2017

EASTERN PALACE - #GDP086 - SKETCH CHALLENGE

Good Morning Everyone

Well, I have been dashing around this week. I have had lots of things to do for WI, as we have just had our AGM and so we had lots of paperwork to do. Anyhow, I set some time aside for the Global Design Project, as I just love taking part, I also love seeing the other entries, go check it out, HERE . There are some awesomely talented people take part, I can tell you. This week it was a Sketch Challenge.

Here is my card


Here is the sketch

 

When I looked at the sketch I decided to make the paper the focal point of the card and because the Eastern Palace DSP has strong patterns on it I decided this would be the perfect paper to use. 
I cut a piece of Very Vanilla European A4 cardstock in half (portrait style) so each piece measures 4 1/8" wide. I score at 5 7/8".
I cut two rectangles of DSP one with the dots in Night of Navy on the Tranquil Tide background (this is the dark top panel, the second one is the Lime Twist & Dapper Denim design on the Very Vanilla background. Both of the panels I cut at 4 1/8" x 4 7/8", I cut these panels shorter to accomodate the 1/2" strips I would layer across the card front. I placed the panels on top of each other and then cut BOTH panels together on the diagonal, now I eyeballed it but a rough guide would be to mark 1 3/4" down from the top on one side and cut diagonally across to the other side. I then took one diagonal piece from one sheet and another from the other contrasting patterned sheet and used them together, to form one panel.

 I then cut 2 strips 1/2" wide in the Lime Twist design with a star on in and 2 strips 1/2" wide in the Dapper Denim with a star on it.

I assembled the pieces onto the Very Vanilla cardbase as per the picture. Now, if you look at the Sketch there is a rectangular panel with a greeting strip on the right hand side. I didn't really want to stamp the panel as I didn't want to take the focus away from the strong designs on the DSP, so I chose a very light neutral design from the DSP pack and cut the rectangle in this at 2 1/2" x 4". I layered this over the card.

Next I stamped the sentiment in Tranquil Tide, this is one of the new 2017 - 2019 In Colours and the sentiment itself is a sneak peek of a new stampset called Pocketful of Sunshine plus the design detail on each edge of the sentiment banner is also a sneek peak from a new stampset Lovely Friends. I cut the sentiment out using the Lots of Labels framelits but I trimmed it down on the top and bottom edges as I decided it looked to large for the overall design. I fixed it to the cardfront using dimensionals.

So there you have it, a striking card on which the DSP (Designer Series Paper) does all the work for you. 

Now in my card I only used the Eastern Palace DSP and the DSP is part of the Eastern Palace Suite and wow what a suite this is, it is on Early Release during the month of May. Just look at this bundle below, these items are available as a bundle until the New Catalogue launches.


Eastern Beauty Photopolymer Stamp Set
A pack of Eastern Palace Speciality Designer Series Paper
The Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers
Lemon Lime Twist Classic Stampin’ Pad (New In Colour!)
Tranquil Tide Classic Stampin’ Pad (New In Colour!)
Fresh Fig Classic Stampin’ Pad (New In Colour!)
Very Vanilla Note Cards & Envelopes (New!) FREE!

ALL that for just £54.75

I am sure you can see, this is a pretty amazing bundle, you really can't go wrong with all these goodies.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today. Do you feel inspired to enter the Challenge yourself or maybe you just fancy having a go at making the card? If so, use what you have in your stash or add what you don't by pressing on the images below. You will be taken to my online shop and you can even buy in you PJ's, I say it doesn't come better than that!

Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Stamping! 


Product List

3 comments:

  1. The mix of the Eastern Palace DSP is amazing, Theresa. You really have shown off some of the beautiful elements of this Suite. Thankyou for playing along with this weeks GDP Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you GDP. It is great fun to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your project for the sketch challenge. You really have made the DSP shine on your design. Jay ×

    ReplyDelete