Tuesday, 2 May 2017

DSP (DESIGNER SERIES PAPER) - VERTICAL GREETINGS, STAMPIN' UP

Morning Everyone

I hope everyone had a great Bank Holiday Weekend. I had a day out yesterday, I went to the seaside and then on to see Rudyard Kipling's home, Bateman's and what a fabulous place it is. Well worth a trip if you are in the locality, it is in Burwash, West Sussex. It isn't the largest property, but it is furnished with 17th Century pieces & is incredibly pretty. In truth this photograph doesn't do it justice. The gardens are beautiful and worth a visit in themselves.



Anyway on to my card for today.
Here it is


I had a few strips of this DSP (Designer Series Paper) left over from another project, so I decided to put them to good use. This is lovely paper and is from the Serene Scenery Paperstack, which sadly is being retired.

How I made this card :

I cut a piece of A4 (European Size) in half portrait style, see HERE, and scored it a 5 7/8". This makes a cardbase of  5 7/8" x 4 1/8".

I cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock  5 6/8" x 4"
I cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock  5 5/8" x 3 7/8" 
I then matted the green cardstock onto the black cardstock and matted this onto the front of the cardbase.

Next I cut a strip of Basic Black Cardstock 5 1/2" x 2 1/2"
I cut the panels of DSP  2 1/4" wide x 1 1/2" deep.  When I cut them I kept them in the same order I had cut them in, if this makes sense bacause when I stick them to the black panel I want the image of the leaves to be the same as when I cut them.

I then positioned and glued the panels onto the Black strip.

Next I turned to the Vertical Greetings stampset for the sentiment. As you can see the sentiment runs vertically which makes it perfect for a card like this.

On a scrap of Whisper White cardstock I stamped For You and then fixed it behind the black panel.

I put dimensionals on the black panel and then mounted this onto the cardbase. There you have it, finished. This technique can be used not only with Designer Series Paper but you could handstamp your own panel as well. The trick is to ensure that the piece of cardstock you mat the panels onto is a shade that makes the panels pop... for example I used black because this really made the green leaves pop out.

Hope you have enjoyed this layout?
Why not give it a try?
As usual the products I have used are listed at the bottom of the page and if you are interested in purchasing any of them press on the image and it will take you through to my online shop.

Happy Stamping!






Product List

1 comment: