Tuesday, 16 May 2017

DRAGONFLY DREAMS, STAMPIN' UP BIRTHDAY CARD

Good Morning Everyone

I hope you all had a great weekend and got lots of crafting done.

I have for you today a card that has a different layout, I found this layout on my travels around youtube and it it by a lady called Connie Stewart, go check her out, she has some great inspiration.

Here is the card


I used the bumble bee out of the Dragonfly Dreams Stampset, which was launched in the Occasions Catalogue and is being carried over into the New Annual Catalogue, until May 31 this can be purchased in a bundle with the matching dies, with 10% off BUT when the New Catalogue comes out they will only be available to purchase separately. So if you want a bargain, I say, grab them now while you can save money on them!

So how is this card made.

I cut a  piece of A4 cardstock in Wisteria Wonder to form the cardbase & scored at 4 1/8". I also scored at 1" in from one outside edge and folded it back on itself. 

I cut a piece of So Saffron cardstock 2 1/8" x 5 7/8". I then cut at 1" so I had 2 strips - the 1st
strip was 1" x 5 7/8", the 2nd strip was 1 1/8" x 5 7/8".

I cut a panel of Whisper White cardstock 2 3/4" x 4"

Using the background stamp from the Stampset, I stamped  randomly over the front of the card, I used Wisteria Wonder ink the same colour as the cardstock, (this is called tone on tone stamping) Having inked up the stamp, I stamped it off twice on scrap paper before stamping on the card.

Next I glued the wider of the 2 strips of So Saffron along the inside back edge of the cardstock, and the narrower of the strip I slipped inside the folded back piece of cardstock on the front. I made sure the So Saffron cardstock  protruded about 1/8" before glueing it to the back of folded Wisteria Wonder cardstock. I then glued it all flat.

Next I turned my attention to the Whisper White panel, again I inked the background in Wisteria Wonder and stamped it off twice before I stamped it vertically down the panel on the lefthand side. I stamped the sentiment vertically in Smoky Slate ink.
I stamped the Bumble Bee in Smoky Slate and coloured in with a  So Saffron Stampin Write  Marker. 

I adhered the panel to the front of the card and as a finshing touch I used Wink of Stella on the wings of the Bumble Bees, I don't think it shows up in the picture but in reality it gives the wings a lovely soft shimmer.

Lastly, I tied some Smoky Slate ribbon around the card to give it a finishing touch.
There we have it, a great card with an equally great layout.

Here is another picture from another angle so you can get a better idea of how it is assembled, oh and you can see how I typed the 2nd part of the sentiment vertically, so it is hidden behind the panel when the card is closed. I must also confess, when I took the piccie, I hadn't put a glue dot behind the knot on the ribbon, I have now done this.




As always, use what you already have in your crafty stash but if you want to purchase anything I have used, click on the images below and they will take you through to my online shop. The ribbon has been retired, so I am not sure if it has sold out yet and I have listed the Dragonfly Dreams both as the bundle and the Stampset only.

I hope you have enjoyed today's card, thank you for stopping by.
Happy Stamping!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment