Friday, 5 May 2017

CUPCAKES & CAROUSELS DSP MEETS POP OF PARADISE STAMPSET

Good Morning Everyone

Well todays card is simple and it focuses on the sentiment and is a great way of showing off DSP (Designer Series Paper). 

Here is the card 



I feel that the DSP on this card lends itself to the design or indeed it could be said that the design evolved from the DSP... hhmmn..difficult to say now really. This is a quite a simple design and as you can see from the picture I stamped the sentiment in black and embossed with clear embossing powder, the camera doesn't really do the card justice, it makes the embossing look quite pitted, probably because of the flash.


Directions for making the card are :

Cut a piece of A4 Whisper White Carstock in half (portrait style) HERE. Score at 5 7/8"
Cut a piece of Basic Black Cardstock 5 6/8" x 4"
Cut a piece of Cupcakes and Carousels DSP  5 5/8" x 3 7/8" (TIP when cutting the DSP down to size, trim a little off  EACH SIDE and repeat until the correct width, this prevents the pattern becoming lopsided).

Using the Layering Circles Framelits I cut a large circle out of  the DSP. I then matted this onto the piece of Basic Black Cardstock. I then cut out a smaller circle allowing a rim of Basic Black cardstock to show through. I also took a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock and cut a frame by layering 2 circle framelits inside each other. See the picture below.... it can do the job of explaining better than I can.


I then matted this to the Whisper White Cardbase and glued the Bermuda Bay frame over the circular aperture. I then stamped the Hello sentiment from the Pop of Paradise stampset (that is the set with the Flamingo in HERE, It is the coolest set ever, IMHO), in Black Archival and heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder. I then decided to pull out my Stitched Circle Framelits, and used them to cut out the sentiment. I popped this sentiment up onto dimensionals and placed it in the middle of the circle. 

I then decided to use my Stampin' Write Marker in Basic Black to put some dots and dashes around the Bermuda Bay frame to finish it off.... which do you prefer with or without dots and dashes....??? Leave me a comment and let me know.




 Supplies for making this card are as usual listed below, but both the DSP and the Pop Of Paradise Stampsets are being discontinued, so they are on a while stocks last basis. If you wish to purchase any of the items press on the images below and it will take you through to my online shop.  Equally, this card can be made with products you may have in your own crafty stash. So, go ahead give it a try!

Thanks for dropping by today. See you soon.
Happy Stamping!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment