Tuesday, 9 May 2017

3 WAYS TO USE BLOOMS & WISHES DESIGNER SERIES PAPER, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STAMPIN' UP

Good Morning Everyone

What has happened to the weather? It is COLD and I am back to putting the heating on and wearing jumpers again. We have a saying in the UK... "ne'er cast a clout, 'til May is out". Which translated means don't shed any layers of clothes until May is finished and how true that is turning out to be for this year. I say roll on the warmer weather!!!

Now, on to today's card, & it is a super simple one. In which I forced, yes forced, myself to cut into my Blooms and Wishes Designer Series Paper. Now, I don't know if it is just me that doesn't like to cut into those big gorgeous sheets of 12" x 12" patterned paper but trust me, when it comes to DSP I am a HOARDER. So, now it is out there....My name is Theresa & I hoard DSP...... Lol.

Here is the card


First up, I want to explain something very important about Stampin' Up that some of you may not know. For every colour of cardstock they make, they make  a matching colour of ink. Now, when they bring out packs of Designer Series Paper, the papers always co-ordinate with some of  the cardstocks and inks.... are you with me so far? So I know when I purchase the Blooms and Bliss DSP  it will co-ordinate with Blushing Bride, Island Indigo, Mint Macaron. Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand, Sweet Sugarplum, & Whisper White ink and cardstock. How good is that..... genius right???
So I can take a piece of Blooms and Bliss DSP knowing it will co-ordinate with any of the colours I have listed. So what I did in the card above was decide to opt for a bold contrast and chose Island Indigo... so because I know the Blooms and Bliss Paper co-ordinates with Island Indigo ink and cardstock  most of my work is already done for me. No more trying to find the right shade of ink or cardstock to go with my paper because Stampin' Up have already done that job for me....Yaay! In my books this is a huge plus when making a card.

So how did I make it?

Whisper White Cardbase. A4 (European Cardstock) cut in in half at 5 7/8" and scored at 4 1/8".
Island Indigo cardstock 5 6/8" x 4"
Blooms and Bliss Designer Series Paper 2 1/2" x 4"
A piece of Whisper White cardstock 3" x 3"
A piece of Island Indigo Cardstock 3" x 3"

I matted the piece of Blooms and Bliss DSP onto the Island Indigo Cardstock about  1/8" from the left handside, (see pic.)
I layered a doily on top of this.
Using my layering circles framelits I cut a large circle in Island Indigo.
Next using the Stitched framelits I cut out a circle from the Whisper White

I stamped a sentiment in Island Indigo ink onto the Whisper White circle (the sentiment is from the Flower Patch Stampset, (which is retiring) as is the Blooms and Bliss DSP. I decided the Circle looked a little plain so I used one of the flowers from the Flower patch stampset and stamped it onto the sentiment panel in Blushing Bride ink (you see I could easily select this ink because again it co-ordinates with the DSP) I then glued the sentiment panel onto the Island Indigo panel and using dimensionals I put this onto doily.

Next I fixed the entire panel to the cardbase. To finish off,  and cover up an ink splodge, I put some rhinestones onto the stamped flowers and there it is a super simple card.

I then carried on and made a couple more cards using the same method of co-ordination, just slightly altering the sizing of the layers and the colours I pulled through. On one I used Blushing Bride and the other I used Mint Macaron and the ink I used was Rich Razzleberry as this too co-ordinates with the DSP.


I hope I have shown you how many options this system of co-ordination provides to us as cardmakers. I must say, for me, this is one of the major attractions of Stampin' Up. It helps to give a polished looking card every time! Yaay for that!

As usual the items used are listed below but some are retiring & on a while stocks last basis only. If you are interested in purchasing any of them press on the image and it will take you through to my shop.

Thanks for dropping by & Happy Stamping!






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment