Wednesday, 24 May 2017

BIRTHDAY BLOOMS, STAMPIN' UP, CLEAN AND SIMPLE, GDP#088 CASE CHALLENGE

Good Morning All
Well what fabulous weather we have been having all week here in the UK. Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.

Well today I have my entry for the Global Design Challenge and this week we are CASEing a fabuous card by a member of the GDP Design Team, Shawn De Oliviera.

Here is my card






Here is Shawn's gorgeous Card

 Now for those of you that don't know what CASEing it, a quick recap, it means we get to draw inspiration from the card to be CASE'd, in this instance it was a member of the Design Team. The elements that I chose to take from Shawn's card were the colours, Gold, Pink, & Green and to use a large floral image to take centre stage on the card.

I decided to use the Birthday Blooms stampset, which is one I have only recently acquired, why I didn't buy it before I don't know. It is totally GORGEOUS!!! AND the good news is it is carrying over into the New Annual Catalogue. Yaay for that!

I embossed the beautiful big bloom in Gold on a panel of Whisper White cardstock and the watercoloured it with Blushing Bride & Pear Pizzazz. Green, Pink & Gold is such an elegant combination I think and it shrieks of summer weddings & happy times to me... what about you? The very centre of the bloom, I took my Stampin' Write marker in Crumbcake and dotted in the seed heads, to make it slightly darker which adds some visual depth.

Next I embossed the sentiment from the same set on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it out with an oval thinlet die. The crimped edge dies come in the same set with the straight edged ovals, which gives so many more possibilities for matting and layering. A great set to have in your crafty stash. Then I cut a slightly larger oval in Blushing Bride and matted the sentiment onto it. I popped it up onto dimensionals and placed onto the panel. 

I mounted the panel onto a Blushing Bride cardbase which I cut portrait style, (see here)
and there we have it, simple as!

Have a look through your stash and see if you have a stamp with a large bloom on it, then go ahead and give it a try. It is such a simple, fun card to make and it would be perfect for a variety of occasions.

As usual the products I have used on this card are listed below and if you wish to buy any or all of the items, press on the image and it will take you through to my online shop, where you can shop from the comfort of your armchair and have them delivered right to your door.

Thanks for dropping by today &
Happy Stamping!





Product List

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely card Theresa! And a sweet interpretation of Shawns card with a great showcase of the resist embossing technique. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! Look forward to seeing you play along with us again soon. Make sure you pin your project to the official Global Design Team Pinterest Board..

    ReplyDelete