Monday, 22 May 2017

Balloon Adventures, Party Animal DSP, Stampin' Up, Happy Birthday

Good Morning Everyone

Well, it is Monday Morning again and May moves apace. June will soon be here and with it a new Stampin' Up Catalogue. Which means there will be sad farewells to some of our stampsets and today's stampset is one of the retiring ones. Balloon Adventures, I have featured this previously, HEREHERE and HERE, I absolutely LOVE this stampset and trust me, if I had to choose one stampset from the retiring ones it would be this one. There is no way this one will be leaving my crafty stash. Coupled with the Balloon Bouquet Punch this makes a great combo for any birthday card, masculine, feminine, young or old, 'cos who doesn't like balloons on their birthday right?

Here's today's card


This card is simple to make.
Here's how :

I cut a 5 7/8" square piece of Party Animal DSP and layered it onto the front of a 6" square cardbase.

I cut a strip of contrasting DSP, at 2" x 5 7/8" which I layered across the front of the card approx 1" up from the bottom, to be honest I eyeballed this I didn't measure it.

I cut 3 balloons from scraps of Pacific Point (blue), Tangerine Tango (orange) and Emerald Envy (green) coloured cardstock using the Balloon Bouquet Punch. I put a glue dot on the back of each balloon and attached a piece of Whisper White Bakers Twine.

I stuck the Pacific Point balloon directly to the cardstock and using a stampin' dimensional I popped up the other 2 balloons. I gathered the 3 pieces of Whisper White Bakers twine together and fixed them in place with another glue dot. I tied a bow from Whisper White Bakers Twine and stuck it over the glue dot.

I cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock 1 3/4" X 2 1/4" and stamped the sentiment onto it in Basic Black ink. I second generation stamped the streamers in Tangerine Tango around the sentiment and then matted this onto a piece of Pacific Point cardstock measuring 1 7/8" x 2 3/8".

A final touch was to draw some dimension on to the balloons using a white marker.

There we have it a fun, bright, birthday card! 
A perfect quick make for any birthday.

The supplies are listed below, press the image to be taken through to my online shop should you want any or all of the supplies. But remember after 31 May they will no longer be available & I would hate you to miss out on this stampset, it is definitely a real keeper.

Sad as I am to say goodbye to the retiring Stamps and Dies, there are lots of amazing things in the new Catalogue. Don't forget if you are in the UK and want a new Catalogue from me, email me at : wowcrafting@outlook.com and I will get one in the post to you.

Thats all for today, thank you for stopping by.
Happy Stamping!




1 comment: