Friday, 14 April 2017

GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT - #GDP082 SKETCH CHALLENGE

Good Evening Everyone

I hope you are all enjoying the Easter Weekend and that the Easter Bunny brings you lots of chocolate. :)

Things are getting back to normal after my trip to Amsterdam & Onstage Live. Whilst I had a blast, it takes a large amount of organising for me to be able to get some time away. However, with lots of support from Mr Tom I did. So a big Woot Woot & thank you to Mr Tom for his help. I am now in possession of the New Annual Catalogue, and what a beauty it is, it has to be said Stampin' Up never disappoint. One of the perks of being a Demonstrator is that I get to see the new Catty, way ahead of general release and I am able to order as well. Interested?....then get in touch for details of how. 

Now on to the business in hand, which is the Global Design Project, HERE, this time round they are doing a Sketch Challenge... & what a great sketch it is too, don't you agree? 

 

So without further ado here is my entry......


Black & White with a pop of colour makes for a very striking combination and particularly using this Bermuda Bay glimmer paper, which was a free item during Saleabration. Sadly, Saleabration has finished for another year so it is now longer available. Fortunately, I managed to get a couple of packs so I am keeping it in my crafty stash for occasions such as these. I do hope you all managed to get hold of some, I know my customers did. This card would work just as well using Bermuda Bay cardstock instead of the glimmer paper.

It is quite difficult to see on the background but I cut a cardbase in Basic Black cardstock, portrait style and then cut a layer of Bermuda Bay. I then cut two pieces of Black and White DSP in differing patterns and layered them onto the Bermuda Bay. I ran a strip of Whisper White organza ribbon down the middle to hide the join. I cut a frame using the Lots of Labels Framelits in Glimmer Paper, and cut a label the same size from Vellum, I stamped the sentiment in Black and then heat embossed with clear powder. I cut three tiny hearts from the glimmer paper using a die from the Mini Treat Bag thinlets (I use these hearts for so many things... I love them) and placed under the sentiment. Finally, I finished off by making a small bow with the Basic Black Bakers Twine which I fixed on with a glue dot.



I hope you like my entry & now that you have seen the sketch why don't you give it a try? Sketches are such a fun way of designing a card and if you ever get stuck for inspiration.... turn to a sketch....I always do!

Supplies are detailed below as usual, however due to Saleabration ending the Glimmer Paper & the Black & White Floral DSP are no longer available. Which is sad..... BUT wait until you see what is coming up in the new Catalogue. In the meantime lots of things are being retired from the current catalogue, which means....discounts...yaaay!!!

Head on over to my shop, take a look and maybe grab a bargain...but be quick, things are going quick.

RETIRING STAMPS - HERE
RETIRING BUNDLES - HERE
EVERYTHING ELSE - HERE

If you do put an order in use this hostess code FTSYG6DD. and you will get a special something from me next month. If your order comes to more than £150 do not use the code as you will earn your own Stampin' Rewards.

In the meantime, A Very Happy Easter & Happy Stamping!!





Product List

4 comments:

  1. This is a very striking card Theresa. The Bermuda Bay, Black and White colour scheme is so effective and the vellum greeting piece with the little pops of glimmery colour is really lovely. Thanks for playing along with us here at Global Design Project sketch challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is great fun to play along.

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely card! You have used many of my favorite things that are retiring, and they come together in such a great combination in your card. It makes me feel nostalgic already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie. Sad to say goodbye isn't it. But much to look forward to in the new catalogue. :)

      Delete