Wednesday, 26 April 2017

GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT #88, JAR OF LOVE, STAMPIN' UP


Good Morning Everyone

Hope you are all well, today is Wednesday, Hump Day, so called because it is the hump of the week, halfway until the weekend.
It is time for the Global Design Project, why don't you head on over and check it out HERE.

Now, I know I usually put my entry in on a Saturday only I am mixing it up a bit this week and doing it today. 

The Challenge this week is to CASE the Designer and here is what I came up with :





and here is the Banner that inspired my card



The  Global Design Project challenge is to CASE (Copy and Share Everything) this project by Michelle Last. I loved the simplicity of the layout and how the focal point was built up. I also LOVE the white on white of the card.

I decided I wanted to use the theme of Nature and retain the simplicity, so I opted for the Jar of Love Stamp Set and the Everyday Jars framelits to make a floral arrangement. I love that you can stamp and then cut out the individual flowers and leaves and arrange them as you would when making a bouquet. This make for a really stunning result on a card. The stamps and framelits come as a bundle in the current catalogue, which means you buy them together and get 10% off), but when they carry over into the New Catalogue you will only be able to buy them separately. So I say, if you want them and why wouldn't you, get them NOW.  I replaced Michelle's square frame with a circular frame and instead of making a scalloped edge I kept mine plain, as I felt a scallop may be too busy for my design. I cut a cardbase in Wisteria Wonder (what a fabulous colour this is and paired with Whisper White it is really striking) and using the Brick Wall embossing folder, next I embossed a piece of Whisper White cardstock. I stamped the greeting from the stampset in Wisteria Wonder and cut it in half so I could fit it inside the focal area of the card. I then arranged the flowers and leaves on the frame, I glued some down and popped others up on dimensionals to give added depth and then I used Wink of Stella on the flowers, to make them glisten. It is quite hard to see in the picture but the really do look good "in the flesh" so to speak.

There you have it - a simple card with maximum impact! 

Now that you have seen how simple it is why don't you give it a try?
The supplies are listed below and if you press on the images they will take you through to my shop where you can purchase any or all of them in the comfort of your own home... and you can't say fairer than that!

A quick reminder! 




I popped in yesterday to tell you that further reductions have been made to items on the retirement list.... yaaay! So fill your boots, there are some great bargains to be had BUT they are on a while stocks last basis, so head on over HERE and take a look.

So that is all for today.
Happy Stamping!



Product List

8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely CAS version of Michelle's creation, Theresa. The white space radiates the flowers and sentiment, with a hint of the circle element. A lovely combination of texture, colours and details. Thankyou for sharing your project in the Global Design Project Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much & I LOVE playing along. It is great fun.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeously, deliciously CAS. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job on the CASE! Love your design! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... love this Theresa! That little posie of flowers is just gorgeous and I love that you have used Wisteria wonder for the foliage. That and the circle frame behind give this card a really elegant feel.xxx

    ReplyDelete