Tuesday, 18 April 2017

GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT #083 - THEME CHALLENGE

Hi Everyone

Welcome to the week. Whatever you did over the Easter Weekend I hope you all had fun. Well today I am showing you my offering for the Global Design Project #083 HERE. This time around they are doing a Theme Challenge of Sparkles/Bling


I made a card to blog today and when I popped over to the GDP to take a gander at who had won the last challenge I saw that the card I had made perfectly fitted the criteria for the next challenge.

 So here it is :


I cut a cardbase in pool party cardstock & I stamped it, tone on tone with the Brushstrokes background stamp. I then cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the large flower from the Floral Phrases stampset three times. I stamped the the flower in the middle first and then cut a mask, placed over the first flower and then stamped the other two on either side in Blushing Bride ink. I stamped the sentiment in black, this sentiment comes from the Guy Greetings stampset. You will be seeing some more cards made with this set soon, as I have some male birthdays coming up. I then snipped a quarter off a Metallic Gold Doily (thank goodness they are being carried over in the Catalogue) and adhered it behind a scrap of Blushing Bride cardstock, which again I have stamped tone on tone with the border stamp from the Floral Phrases stampset. I cut a strip of Gold glimmer paper which I glued to the front of the card. I then mounted then panel over the Glimmer paper then I finished it off with our sequins (from the Cupcakes and Carousels embellishment set) and rhinstones. 

Card Sizes :  Cut a piece of Pool Party Cardstock A4 (European Size) in half 
@ 5 7/8".   Score at 4 1/8". Use in landscape.
Cut a panel of Whisper White 3 3/4" x 4 1/8"
Cut a strip of Gold Glimmer Paper  1/4" x 4 1/8"
Scrap of Blushing Bride  1/4" x 1" (approx) I cut this by eye using the gold doily as a guide.

If you fancy giving this a go or want to purchase, any, or all of the supplies they are listed below and if you click on them they will take you through to my shop. If you do like the Floral Phrases stampset remember it is carrying over to the new catalogue but NOT as a bundle with the Detailed Floral Thinlits dies. If you purchase as a bundle you get 10% off. I say the bundle is the way to go because those thinlits are gorgeous & if you are like me the minute you get the stamps you will want the dies. However, the retiring bundle is on a "while stocks last basis". So do hurry, I would hate you to miss out.  If you do just want the stampset I have listed this below as well, as a standalone item.

In the meantime
Happy Stamping!




Product List

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Theresa. We love all the elements, great masking technique with the flower and that little peek of Gold Doily is the perfect touch. Thanks so much for playing along with us and don't forget to pin your project to the official Global Design Team Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete