Thursday, 20 April 2017

COLLAR CARD - ROSE GARDEN THINLITS, BIRTHDAY BRIGHT, STAMPIN'

COLLAR CARD - ROSE GARDEN THINLITS

Good Morning Everyone

Well, I have a super simple but super stylish card to show you today using the Rose Garden Thinlits. I think this layout is a real winner and can be changed up for a variety of occasions. Take a look :


Alright, I GET IT this colourway wouldn't necessarily be everyones cup of tea and you know something.... that's OK, it's good we all like different. I really like it and think it gives a fantasy element to the card. The designer paper I have used here is Playful Pallette, it is a fabulous selection of very artsy type patterns in the 2016 - 17 In Colours. However, it is NOT carrying over to the NEW Catalogue. So if you like the look of it press HERE
and go and grab yourself a bargain, while stocks last.

Anyhow, if you look closely at this layout you will see what a little gem it is. You can basically use any design/colour of paper for the top layer, provided it is DOUBLE SIDED and where I have used the ROSE, you can use ANY element to suit any occasion. You could, for example, use a butterfly or a heart or anything you have in your crafty stash. Where the paper folds back you can stamp ANY sentiment, the only requirement is that it fits. :) So you see, all in all this is a great layout. Not too difficult to do but has impact. 

The good news is that the ROSE GARDEN THINLITS are CARRYING OVER into the new catalogue. They are a favourite of mine, I used them here.

I know many of you have been busy with the Easter Holidays and that the Retirement list has not been your priority but things are selling out fast. So if you have any favourites, go see if they are still available because they probably won't be for long.

Anyway back to today's card

Measurements

Cut a piece of A4 Sweet Sugarplum cardstock in half at 5 7/8".
Score at 4 1/8"
Cut a piece of Playful Palette DSP 5 6/8" x 4"
Measuring along the long edge mark the midway point and then using either your scissors or snips cut into the paper 2" and then fold back each side to form the collar.

I die cut the Rose in Peekaboo Peach and then using the fine tip glue pen glued it to a piece of Sweet Sugarplum cardstock and the fussy cut the Rose out. I also cut 2 leaves in Sweet Sugarplum.
I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Bright Stampset in Sweet Sugarplum onto the cardbase.

I then glued the Designer Series Paper to the cardbase. I arranged and glued the leaves in place and then popped the Rose onto Stampin Dimensionals and placed onto the card where the "collar" folds back. 

There you have it a Collar Fold Card.

I hope you feel sufficiently inspired to make one of these cards, you can probably quite easily make one with items from your own crafty stash but if you want to purchase anything I have used the links are below. Press on the item picture and it will take you through to my shop.
In the meantime
Happy Stamping!






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment