Friday, 28 April 2017

BANNER CARDS - SUCCULENT GARDEN DSP - STAMPIN' UP

Good Morning.... Well today is Friday and in the UK we have a Bank Holiday weekend ahead. I love having that extra day as it means I can get more crafting done... and that can't be a bad thing.

As some of you may or may not know, I belong to my local Women's Institute and one of my many roles is of Kindness Correspondent, this entails sending to any Member who may be going through difficult times, due to illness, bereavement or suchlike, a card from the Committee and other Members. You can see how this would be a natural fit for me.... right? I must confess I love doing this... Oh Yes...  because I know a handmade card can be such a comfort at a difficult time, and conveys just the right message... and the message is  "We Care"..... in fact, we care enough to make this card for you. Nothing, in my opinion, is better than this and I feel blessed to be able to do this for my WI.  Anyhow, why am I telling you all this?...I hear you ask.... Well, as you can imagine, I frequently need a card in a hurry and often need quite a few cards which brings me to the point of today's post, Banner Cards, simple and quick to make.



Not only are they simple and quick to make but they are a great way of using DSP (Designer Series Paper). 

So here is how I did it. I cut a portrait card from a piece of European A4 cardstock. Now in case you aren't sure what I mean by portrait see the photograph below :


I have taken the piece of cardstock and cut it in half straight down the middle at 4 1/8".
If you look at the right hand piece you will see I have scored it half way down at 5 7/8". I then fold along this score line and this gives me a portrait cardbase.

Next I cut 3 banners, at 3 different widths; 1", 1.75" and 2". One in plain cardstock and two in contrasting patterned paper, or a patterned paper & a speciality paper such as a Metallic/Glimmer paper. I like to use a piece of ribbon the same colour as the plain cardstock and I also like to emboss the plain cardstock to give it some visual interest. If you look at the photo you will see that I have used the same embossing folder on both the pink and green banner but turned the banner over on the pink one so the pattern is showing from the back side and it gives a totally different look. Two patterns from one folder... twice the value. Yaay!

Then all you need to do is layer the Banners, differing the lengths and you are done.
I stamped a sentiment on a scrap of cardstock about 3/4" deep and cut that into a smaller banner, which I layered a small piece of doily behind. I finished off by putting a rhinestone onto the sentiment banner. Now, just a quick word about this sentiment "Sending a Smile Your Way" .... isn't that just a great sentiment?  We don't always want to say, thinking of you, sorry you aren't well, sorry things aren't good right now... but "Sending a Smile your way" fits the bill for so many things and I, for one, think it is a great sentiment to have in my stash and there are 2 other great sentiments in this set, PLUS the flowers.  However, this set has gone onto the retirement list and is on a "while stocks last" basis, so if you want it, go & grab it... quick. It is from the Love & Affection stampset, see the items at the bottom of the page.

There you have it, a simple card that can be changed up to suit a variety of occasions. As you can see the 1st card I put the sentiment banner on, but the 2nd one I have left without a sentiment for now. I usually make a batch of these cards and then when I need a card in a hurry I stamp the sentiment to suit the requirement.

Now you have seen how it is done, why don't you give it a try? It really is great fun once you get going. Of course, what makes this card even more fun to make is the Banner Triple Punch, do you have one?... if not.... you really should get one. It cuts no less than THREE sizes of banners and makes these Banner cards a breeze to produce. I totally LOVE this bit of gadgetry....and wouldn't be without it!

Anyhow, as usual the products I have used are listed below, (some however are on the Retirement List) and should you wish to purchase any of them press on the image and it will take you through to my shop.
Also, a quick reminder, the New Annual Catalogue comes out on 1st of June and if you want to receive it in the post, leave me a comment/ let me have your email address and I will get one to you.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Happy Stamping!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment