Friday, 17 March 2017

OFF PISTE, SERENE SCENERY & FABULOUS FOIL ACETATE STAMPIN' UP

Morning Everyone

Well, as promised on Wednesday, here is my card that went a little "Off Piste". Did you know that some of our dies and thinlits not only cut through paper but in some cases felt, fabric & hessian as well! Yep... they honestly do! 

Here is the proof






You see the Hessian Hearts......? Well, I cut those out with the Sweet and Sassy framelits, I was tidying up my craft stash and came across this Hessian. Now I know most of you will understand where I am coming from..... I had the Hessian in my hand & was thinking hhmm..... I wonder if. So I gave it a try and there it was, 2 beautiful hearts cut out of Hessian. Now I had a dilemna, what was I going to do with them? Then my mind turned to the Serene Scenery Designer Series paper, I flicked through the stack & found a design perfect for the job. I then decided to pop a strip of the Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate with the dots on to the top of the card. The little flower on the smaller heart is cut from the middle of the new Lace Doilies, those Doilies are great because one side is Very Vanilla and the other side is Whisper White, so you can match them to you project. You can also, sponge them with ink, to match them to any colour. I stamped the sentiment in crumbcake, directly onto the DSP. Then, I  got a bit "arty"..lol and tied a twist of gold metallic ribbon (free during Sale A Bration when you spend £45), a twist of lace ribbon and some gold thread to make a type of corsage, which I fixed to the side of the heart with a glue dot. I popped a gold enamel shape into the centre of the flower and decided I had better quit while I was ahead! You know the old adage..."Less is More".

I stepped back, took a look at the card and was quite chuffed. Sometimes it pays to go off piste a little. Go on...Give it a try!

The supplies I used are detailed below, apart from the Hessian.....this I am afraid has been lurking in a dark corner of my stash for some time. You could also try this with felt is you happen to have any lying around. Failing that you could use our Crumbcake cardstock and emboss it with our woodgrain embossing folder, CLICK HERE



Product List

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, think we have some esp crafting going on.....x

    ReplyDelete