Tuesday, 28 February 2017

STAMPIN' UP ROSE GARDEN THIINLITS WITH SUITE SAYINGS - Can You Case it - CYCI#147

Hi Everyone

Well in case you all don't know, I love joining in on the challenges and today's card is no exception to this rule. Here is the challenge - it is a colour challenge and all four colours had to be used.



And here is my card

]

I have used the Inlaid Die Cutting Technique on the roses. What is this I hear you ask...? Well it is relatively simple. You cut each rose twice - once in pink and once in red. You then paper piece the pink pieces inside the red outline and the red pieces inside the pink outline. If you look carefully at the roses you will see that I have paper pieced two with pink inside the red outline and
one with red inside the pink outline. There are several ways to do this but I find the easiest way is to glue the outline piece onto a piece of white cardstock and then fill in the individual pieces, glueing them to the white cardstock which is providing the backing. Then I fussy cut each rose out.

I cut a cardbase from Blushing Bride, it was an A4 piece of cardstock cut in half  @ [5 7/8"] & scored @ [4 1/8"], I then trimmed off  [1/2"] off the leading edge.

I cut Soft Sky Cardstock [2" x 5 7/8"] and matted this on the leading edge. 
I cut Silver Glimmer Paper @ [1/2" x 5 7/8"] and matted this onto the Soft Sky.
I chose a piece of Sending Love DSP and cut it @ [2" x 5 7/8"]. I glued this on the inside back edge of the card, so when the card is closed you can see the DSP
I cut the leaves in Pear Pizzazz Cardstock but didn't paper piece those.
I embossed the Sentiment from Suite Sayings (have you seen those sentiments in that set?... totally amazing), on a vellum banner in Silver.

I then glued the leaves in place, popped two of the roses up on dimensionals and the third rose I put a double layer of dimensionals on so it sits higher than the other two roses.

I cut a tiny strip off  the dimensional sheet and fixed to the very edge of the vellum and slotted this under the tip of the rose, this hides "the workings". Vellum is so transparent that any glue or fixing is visible, so you have to be creative about fixing it on there without the fixings being seen.

There you have it. The Inlaid Die Cutting Technique. 
Why don't you give it a try?

You can use this technique with any detailed die you may have in your crafty stash but if you want to use the Rose Garden thinlits (and in truth these particular thinlits makes this technique a breeze because the pieces are all quite large and so not quite so fiddly), click on the icon at the end of the post, it will take you directly to my shop, in fact you can get all the supplies I have used on this card there. 

I admit this is quite a technique heavy card but the results are,( I'm sure you will agree), worth the effort and let's face it whose Mother isn't worth the effort on Mother's Day!
Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think of the technique.

I will be back on Thursday with a more simple make. I am off to make final preparations for my First Wednesday Card Class, so named because it is on the First Wednesday of each month...lol. If you are interested in joining my happy band of ladies drop me an email. We always love to see new faces.

In the meantime Happy Stamping!
Oh Wish Me Luck With  the Challenge!








Product List

2 comments:

  1. Hey Theresa! Lovely card and thanks for such a great morning crafting! Always a pleasure and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete