Saturday, 25 February 2017

GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT #075 - THEME CHALLENGE


Good Morning Peeps & Happy Saturday to you! I hope you have lots of good things planned for the weekend and for those of you in the UK I hope Storm Doris hasn't affected you too badly. For me it meant more time for crafting in my cosy Studio, which is no bad thing.

It is challenge time again over at the Global Design Project



As you can see the theme this week is "Winged Creatures". There are several  Stampin' Up stampsets & dies that could be used  for this theme but after giving it some thought I plumped for Pop of Paradise CLICK HERE

This is the card I made

POP of PARADISE, STAMPIN' UP

Card Base

A4 Whisper White cardstock cut in half @ 14.9cm [5 7/8"]
Score @ 10.5cm [4 1/8"]

I stamped the Flamingo in Melon Mambo and fussy cut, I stamped it again on a separate piece of card and just fussy cut the wing. With a glue dot I stuck a piece of pink feather on the Flamingo over wing and put the the other wing on top with a dimensional.
 For the background I used the Sunburst thinlit Die  CLICK HERE  & I cut it in  Whisper White Cardstock & then stamped the dots in Melon Mambo, to see the dots CLICK HERE. I stuck this diecut onto the Whisper White cardbase. Next I cut  the leaves, twice, using the Flourish Thinlits die, CLICK HERE then applied Versamark directly to the leaves from the pad & embossed with silver. Using a Circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits CLICK HERE I cut 2 circles, one in Melon Mambo CS and one in Vellum. I then took a smaller Circle die  CLICK HERE & cut out the middle of the Melon Mambo circle, so I was left with a ring. I then arranged the diecut leaves, circles & the Flamingo to make a topper. I stamped the banner in black ink and fussy cut, I popped a rhinestone onto the neck of the Flamingo and used black & white sequins to balance the design.

I am quite pleased with the finished card, I hope you like it too.
Pop by tomorrow & will show you another card I made using the "Winged Creature" theme but using a different stampset.

That's all for now

Happy Stamping!


5 comments:

  1. Love the colours on this card...Ab Fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. I love these colours too.

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous! Perfect colours and details - LOVE that feather! Thanks for taking part in theis week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, I am loving the GDP, such great fun!

      Delete
  3. Love that stamp set and another that is perfect fro our theme this wee. Love the white feather beneath the Flamingo wing! Thanks for playing with us at Global Design Project this week.

    ReplyDelete